Hi. I’m Lynn-a contemporary still life and landscape artist from Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow in Ireland. I love drinking tea, exploring new lands, archaeology and painting anything that has a beautiful pattern. My parents are Irish & German and in 2014 I emigrated with my German husband & 3 kids to sunny Adelaide in South Australia where we live near the sea with our crazy black kitten Vader.
Living in Adelaide has opened up a whole new world of light and colour to me as an artist. The land here is a dry, desert climate which grows many stunning succulents, cacti and plant life with incredible shapes and patterns. These feature in my artwork alongside tribal markings of lines and dots which help me feel connected to my Irish past intertwined with my Australian present. I love to paint fresh, loose backgrounds of colour onto canvas and paper then make detailed lines and marks with pens and paint similar to the etching and engraving process which I learned at art college in Dublin.
I completed a BA hons in Fine Art in 1999 specializing in Printmaking in D.L.I.A.D.T. and I am a member of the Bittondi printmaking studios exhibiting my paintings and prints regularily in Australia. I also enjoy art tutoring and have completed a Wellnes and Art certificate through the University of Tasmania.
You can view or purchase my work at the following Galleries & Licensing companies:
- The Merrion School of Music, 78 Merrion Square, Dublin 1.
- The Glencree Centre for Peace and Reconciliation, Enniskerry, County Dublin.
- Flinder’s University Archaeology Department, Bedford Park, Adelaide, SA. 2016 History Festival.
- Kapunda Art Gallery, Kapunda, 5373, South Australia.
- Art Images Gallery, Norwood, Adelaide.
- Wild Apple Art, Vermont, USA.