Hi, I’m Lynn. Originally from Ireland, I grew up surrounded by forests, mountains and stunning Interior Design. My Printmaking background and BA (hons) in Fine Art has influenced my unique painting style as I layer flat blocks of colour onto canvas then paint decorative lines and marks similar to the etching or engraving process.
In 2014 we settled by the South Australian Coast where I paint from my home studio down South. I’ve been exploring my local conservation park and documenting it’s ancient landscape, birds and grasses which are the themes of my most recent works. I love playing with colour combinations I see around me from the turquoise seas and skies, dusty pink rocks to the rich greens and ochre of the coastal scrublands.
Influenced by Angie Lewin’s Linoprints, the Book of Kells and Aboriginal mark making, my paintings contain tribal, historical and cultural depths. Circles, dots and linear markings help me stay connected to my Irish past combining it with my Australian present.
Art has become a way for me to process and understand my environment, drawing by drawing, painting by painting.
- Art Images Gallery, Norwood, Adelaide, South Australia
- Wild Apple Art, Fine Art Publisher and Licensor, USA
Qualifications & Art Tutoring
- BA (hons) Fine Art, Dublin, Ireland
- Wellness and Art Certificate, University of Tasmania, Australia.
- Cert 3 Individual Support, Australia.
- Kids art classes 6-16 year olds from my studio in Adelaide.
- Adults painting classes at Little Picassos Art Studio, Glenelg, Adelaide.
- Seniors community art and craft group facilitator at Resthaven, Adelaide.
2018 “Beauty in the broken, the Irish in Kapunda”. Kapunda Community Art Gallery, South Australia.
2017 “Unearthed” Art & Archaeology oil paintings at Flinders University Library, Adelaide.
2015 “The Warehouse Project” lino prints and paintings exhibited in a warehouse, Adelaide.
2012 “Wings to Fly” lino prints at The Glencree Centre, Enniskerry, Ireland.
2010 “Song from the Land” paintings at The Well, Bray, Ireland.
2020 Interiors, Art Images Gallery, Norwood, Adelaide.